Monday, April 4, 2011

[INT] 4minute's interview with ELLE girl - Gayoon

[11.03.00] 4minute's interview with ELLE girl - Gayoon


Heo Gayoon
Until we met Gayoon for the first time, we could only think about her 'airport fashion' and the 'Gangnam woman'. But my, like a lively girl, she puts her hand over her mouth when she laughs and her laughing appearance is pretty plain and peaceful. "Because I emerged as the 'Gangnam woman', it had been burdensome for a long time. I just like fashion for fun but it's because when something is caught on camera and spread on the Internet, it gets overinterpreted." Regarding fashion, we got to know 'Heo Gayoon' as a keyword but it seems that not only she pays attention to her outfits on stage, but she cares even more about her casual appearance. "I really like clothes so whenever I have free time, I'll be pretty much shopping. Recently, during a filming, we wore Steve J & Joni P's clothes and I became a fan. I like unique things, things that are uncommon, I find interesting the splashed patterned or colored clothes that people don't dare to try." As expected, whenever the topic of fashion is brought up, she doesn't cease talking. "When we determine the style concept or the hairstyles, with the members we go look for pictures of foreign musicians or magazines and we suggest our ideas. Even though, as far as now, it couldn't have been reflected through our appearances that much."

In the meantime, 4minute has been focusing on their promotion activities abroad. The foreign fans' enthusiasm about 4minute's music surprised the girls and moved them. When we asked her about the impending new start of their domestic promotions, after a breathing space out of hesitation, Gayoon answered "We'll soon hit our 2-year anniversary mark after our debut. The truth is that I haven't realized it yet. Lately, while watching shows, the variety skills… Honestly I'm really not confident in this kind of things and it has become very burdensome. When we go to the variety programs recording studios, besides us all the idol singers are close with one another. Even BEAST who are in the same agency than us. That really surprised me." Still, as their period of promotions matched with theirs, they logically managed to get closer with Miss A. In particular, Gayoon exercises with Jia. Except exercising, lately, her only hobby has been to write lyrics in her free time in the recording studio located in the basement of the dorms. "When the composers give us a new song, I try to match it with the lyrics I wrote. Besides that, I don't spend my spare time in any particular way. In any case, I'm having fun." After assimilating their everyday schedule, there are times she feels emptiness, late at night. During those times, she scrawls things or writes lyrics and expresses her thoughts in her diary.

Nevertheless, this spring, Gayoon is having another start. She entered as a freshman in Dongguk University's department of Theater and Film that she dreamt of. For the moment, day by day, she carries out a very hectic life. "I'm afraid of the senior-junior hierarchy and I couldn't attend the inauguration ceremony either. Since I'm entering as a freshman 2 years later than others, I'm worried about if I will be able to hang out with friends of the same age. There are a lot of seniors or people I have to work with who also attend TV shows, but I personally want to hang out a lot with ordinary people during my university student days. "What if I become a loner because I can't attend university that much?" Like people of her age, she worries about these things, we invited her to talk about the album and, as many thoughts flow in, she becomes serious. "It's been a long time since we released an album, we worried a lot about this and that. Individually, we also had difficulties. We're currently working hard during practice sessions as if we were to debut again. This time, whatever the harm we get, we'll try to do really well." For the first time during the interview, her thrilling chuckling face faded away.

Source : ELLE girl (pictures) + 야루가윤 (scans)
Translating & editing : Meeli & Chris @4-minute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment