Tuesday, April 5, 2011

[INT] 4minute's interview with ELLE girl - Sohyun

[11.03.00] 4minute's interview with ELLE girl - Sohyun


Kwon Sohyun
The 18-year-old 4minute's maknae, Sohyun. We thought that she would definitely be the type to do aegyo because of her big eyes in her round face. Along with a low voice, Sohyun is a considerate girl who listens closely to everything someone says to her. "Hello, yesterday we came back from Japan late so I didn't sleep much." They've carried out activities with singles and albums and dropped their first full-length album in Japan; she didn't forget to tell that she was proud about it. Her apparently bloated face was pitiable, we asked her if it wasn't difficult to attend TV shows being young as she is. Even though there aren't times she feels lonely because she spends most of her time in company with the members, Sohyun thinks a lot about this or that. "This year, we'll already hit our 2-year anniversary but we didn't release many albums. I don't know how time will pass as we run promotions with one album after a long time."

When asked if there's one thing 4minute thinks it has changed, between their debut date and now, she said 'familiarity'. "The truth is that we were awkward with the camera at first. It was interesting but unfamiliar at the same time. However, while filming for a reality program, 4minute's Mr. Teacher, we got a lot more familiar with the camera. At first, we didn't know how to look in front of it and we also felt uncomfortable but we gradually became accustomed to it. Having a camera only for me feels great too somehow." Because 4minute has established itself as a group with a a sexy and strong image, she felt sorry that it was difficult to become closer to the people they meet on TV shows. "There are a lot of people who were surprised because of my baby-like facial expressions and my easygoing chatting as they only saw me standing on stage." Still, she talked about her closeness with the f(x) or the KARA members whom with she shares the same age and that she's used to meeting on her own.

Sohyun's face lightened, whereas she kept looking serious and relaxed throughout the interview. "Ah! I bought the new iPad few days ago, I'm really excited. I organize my albums and I listen to music… Since i was young, rather than food or shopping, I liked technology devices more so whenever the new products come out, I pestered my mother and went to change my phone." This Sohyun somehow looks friendly on Twitter too. "I'm still young and I've felt that I lacked experience many times; while singing, I had difficulties. During these times, the thing I liked to do the most lately is watching Twitter. I get to know the thoughts of many people that I don't know. What they do in their everyday life, their love affairs, where they are going, this kind of things. Once in a while, I also post something and upload a picture, and the responses the people send are funny." When time passes and that her personal thoughts and experience become more well-founded, we wonder about the song Sohyun will make us listen to. To conclude the interview, we asked her about what she wanted to achieve in 2011. "When we were working on the album, I heard that we improved our singing skills a lot so I was happy about it. There have been times we were hurt during our promotion activities in Japan, it wasn't serious. But since the members were hurt, to get better, we want to show our Korean fans an amazing image of the 5 members from our overseas activities, an image that we couldn't fully show them before and, this, all by ourselves." We listened to Sohyun's impressive resolution to look forward to 4minute's comeback performances even more.

Source : ELLE girl (pictures) + 야루가윤 (scans)
Translating & editing : Meeli & Chris @4-minute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment