Monday, April 4, 2011

[INT] 4minute's interview with ELLE girl - Jiyoon

[11.03.00] 4minute's interview with ELLE girl - Jiyoon


Jeon Jiyoon
Perfectionistic on stage, the girl with gentle eyes and an easy-going laughter, Jiyoon. Nevertheless, in charge of 4minute's charisma since the beginning, her answers are straightforward as well, as expected. "Lately, time flies really fast and girl groups keep flowing in, we have 2 albums and it's been a while we had promotions so we somehow felt we were lagging behind." she said, reminiscing the days that have passed, slightly turning her head. Besides Japan, the 4minute girls went from places to places to hold events and performances including Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and other Southeast Asian countries. Even though they didn't have many activities in Korea, they barely had any rest. Even though she must have been tired and exhausted, Jiyoon's answers were still mature.
"Considering that we are rookies, it might be because we have delivered a variety of unique performances that we have been able to plan things in our own way--no matter what situation or in which setting, we are able to adjust to it." In particular, through their promotions in Japan, they gained stage experience, time management skills and much more but they also have been hurt at times. "We were compared to SNSD or Kara a lot so we were hurt inside. Even if being able to compete with these girl groups is good in itself, there are many things we haven't been able to show yet, being put in the lot of the leading groups right away didn't feel right."

When we asked her if she didn't want to try out other types of promotions like other idols, asides the regular performances, she answered what we expected from her "Lately, if you only watch TV, it seems that idols are on every channel. In commercials, sitcoms, and even dramas. I came to think "The idol trend is real'. While observing the other idol groups' promotions activities, I get to take a step back from the world I live in and see the activities of my peer idol groups." This is what she concluded. They still want to let people know more about 4minute's abilities and charms and want to focus on displaying these on their own. "My parents wished that I would appear more on TV. Besides that, there's nothing I feel really sorry for."

The origin of Jiyoon's sedate passion is music as expected. It is still vague but she plans to learn how to play instruments and music composition. Since she casually sort out genres, she doesn't listen to music in itself, but lately she's falling for hip hop. Lately, she's attentively listening to Nicki Minaj's album, a rapper who's drawing interest in the US. "I really like Beyoncé and I'm still sad that I couldn't go to her concert as I was fulfilling promotion activities. So, whenever I have spare time, I rewatch the videos of her concert. Strangely, every time I watch them, I get excited and all pumped up." Being busy working on the recordings of the songs, she found herself a personal hobby for her spare time. She can't go to theater usually so instead she enjoys watching romantic or comedy movies on VOD. To relieve the stress and the fatigue from their dance practice sessions, she has started yoga. "Because we have to assimilate a strenuous dance routine, when I do yoga the stress fades away and I like the feeling of being peaceful." Ahead of their domestic promotion activities after a long time, it seems they got distressed a lot but, as she did it immediately during her first greetings, she wore an easygoing smile. "The desire to perform on stage is growing. I really like performing. Lately, I only think about that. This time, I really want to see a "4minute syndrome" take form. And I also want to hold a big concert around the conclusion of these promotions. Will you come?"

Source : ELLE girl (pictures) + 야루가윤 (scans)
Translating & editing : Meeli & Chris @4-minute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment