Friday, June 24, 2011

[INT] "4minute's Jeon Jiyoon, who used to be shy, changed a lot"



Youngji is a skilled vocalist who is active as a vocal trainer for singers. BEAST and even 4minute have entered the music industry as talented idols because of her training.

Youngji explains, "I can't make people who can't sing sing. I only teach them methods. It's not that they magically become great at singing after I teach them. My role is to help them bring out what they already have and show them shortcuts."

"Instead of specifically trying to teach something with a song, I say, 'I think this song matches well with you, so try listening to it and practice it.' If they improve by practicing, I recommend different songs. Instead of directly developing their vocals, I try to help them change.

Youngji, who was trained by BMK and Ji Youngseon says, "If a person without experience tries to teach idols, I think they will fight a lot. I have a lot of these experiences. If I was scared of my teacher or if the teacher was boring, there were times when I did not go to my lessons. There were times when I worked hard, and also times when I regretted things. Your vocals will not improve if you are taught by just anyone."

When asked which idol she taught changed the most, Youngji answered with 4minute's Jeon Jiyoon. "She is a person who has changed a lot. Although she is overflowing with charisma on stage now, she was actually a very good-natured and timid girl," Youngji revealed.

"In order to change her, I would intentionally make her practice sexy songs by the Pussycat Dolls. I taught her until she transformed, but even when I saw her myself later on, she really was sexy."

"Once a week, we would meet and talk for a long time about many things. That was because I was trying to change her heart, not improve her singing. She has a strong will and she works very hard."

Meanwhile, Youngji who has been a vocal trainer for many hoobaes is releasing a mini-album after a long time.

Source: Newsen
Translations + Editing: Chris@4-minute.com
Thanks to: uturn@4-minute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment