Wednesday, June 22, 2011

[NEWS] 4minute Jeon Jiyoon, "I will show a strong performance"

More info on Jiyoon joining the cast of Immortal Song 2

4minute Jeon Jiyoon, "I will show a strong performance"



"I will not worry about ranks and just show a strong performance."

The new member of Immortal Song 2, 4minute's Jeon Jiyoon, revealed a unique determination.

"I'm very grateful that people are showing so much interest even before I begin, but I'm also starting to get worried. I saw an article that labeled me as "Hyorin's rival." That was a flattering remark. I will not focus on the fact that I am a vocalist of the performance group 4minute, but rather enjoy myself on stage.

Although vocals are the main part of this show, I want to give a more diverse and interesting performance to watch."

"Immortal Song 2" is a program which allows idol group members to compete. Jeon Jiyoon will take Secret's Song Jieun's place starting from the 27th. She will compete with FT Island's Hongki, 2PM's Junsu, SISTAR's Hyorin, BEAST's Yoseob, and 2AM's Changmin.



Jiyoon is expected to be a fresh addition to this program. A CUBE Entertainment official said, "I know that the production crew was interested in Jiyoon's distinctive, husky tone and strong image from the beginning. Jiyoon is working extremely hard to perform well with her singing ability and to also show a different image than those of her competitors."

It was also said that Yang Yoseob, who is already on the show, gave many tips to Jiyoon. The official continued, "He told her many things--how it feels when the lights turn off and what kind of appearance to show."

And although the other lead vocalist of 4minute, Heo Gayoon is also charismatic, Jeon Jiyoon's vocals and appearance seem to be unique compared to Gayoon's. (*Which is why she was chosen instead.)

Jeon Jiyoon says her upcoming appearance on the show is very burdensome.

"Rather than focusing on ranks, I want to be able to enjoy this while giving a powerful performance and showing 4minute's unique colors."

Source: Heraldm + Nate
Translation + Editing: Chris@4-minute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment